This position is temporarily on hold.
We are looking for a friendly and outgoing person to fill our Optometric Technician role here at Ridgeview Optometry in Colorado Springs, CO. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them, and providing excellent eye care. We offer a great schedule! No experience? No worries. We will take the time to train you!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, OCT, and auto-refraction tests.
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history and input data to their chart.
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement.
- Coordinate referrals by preparing patient reports and records.
- Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area.
- Assist the Optometrist as needed.
- Administrative duties as necessary to help support our patient base.
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments.
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Must be computer literate with a strong typing speed.
- Initiative to become cross trained.
- Prior experience in the field is helpful but not necessary.
Our office hours are:
Mon. 8am – 5pm
Tues – Fri 8am – 6pm
Paid Holidays, Paid time off, Paid Vacation time, Continuing education, Vision Benefits, Retirement/401k.
Type: Full Time Hourly
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org